"Squeeze the World"
Sunday, October 14, 2007
I really love living in the city. For now, at least. I'm sure I'll yearn for the quiet small-town atmosphere in a few months. Yesterday I walked down the road a few blocks to QFC where I found Bamba, one of the national snack-foods of Israel, and other very Israeli food products. That was exciting. The friend I dragged along wasn't nearly as enthusiastic as she should have been, though. I think I'll take my bag of Bamba to my Hebrew class.
Things on campus are going well. I'm less susceptible to taking every pamphlet handed to me, though I still have a weakness there. I have yet to perfect the averted-eyes-and-brisk-walk method bred into city-types. On Columbus Day there was a protest to abolish the day and to support indigenous people. I thought they wanted to support insensitive people, but I'll need to organize my own protest for that. I'm not sure which culturally-irrelevant national holiday would be best. Oh, and I walked into the wrong lecture class the other day. I've been expecting this to happen for a while, so I'm glad it's over and I can move on to my next embarrassing act. Weekends are fun because I'm in great audial vicinity to the frat parties. I'm trying to guess what they do at these parties. It sounds like they have a lot of shouting contests.
I went to a lecture on Abydos earlier this week. It's amazing how much archaeologists keep finding in Egypt, and some of their new technological tools are incredible. Anyway, there's a lot going on, like this homework I should be doing. Hope everything out in the real world is going well!
Things on campus are going well. I'm less susceptible to taking every pamphlet handed to me, though I still have a weakness there. I have yet to perfect the averted-eyes-and-brisk-walk method bred into city-types. On Columbus Day there was a protest to abolish the day and to support indigenous people. I thought they wanted to support insensitive people, but I'll need to organize my own protest for that. I'm not sure which culturally-irrelevant national holiday would be best. Oh, and I walked into the wrong lecture class the other day. I've been expecting this to happen for a while, so I'm glad it's over and I can move on to my next embarrassing act. Weekends are fun because I'm in great audial vicinity to the frat parties. I'm trying to guess what they do at these parties. It sounds like they have a lot of shouting contests.
I went to a lecture on Abydos earlier this week. It's amazing how much archaeologists keep finding in Egypt, and some of their new technological tools are incredible. Anyway, there's a lot going on, like this homework I should be doing. Hope everything out in the real world is going well!
A, 12:50 PM