"Squeeze the World"

Here I hope to record the next adventure of my life and keep everyone back home updated on my travels. I'm not sure how consistent my posting will be, so I've set up a subscription tool to notify people on each update via email. I'd love to hear from anyone while I'm gone!

Wednesday, September 26, 2007

First day of classes

So far all is well. My Hebrew class is small, and the teacher is from Israel. She's quite the character, and I'm really glad that I already know the alephbet since she's kind of absent-minded when it comes to transliterating for the class. Surprisingly, it appears that the Jews in the class are a minority. I sat near some linguistic majors, but it seems like everyone else (like me) is just taking the class for kicks.

My English lecture is fairly large, but the teacher is very thorough and the writing link class is smaller than many of my High School classes were, so that's all good. It's nice to be around other English majors. I introduced one of my Korean roommates to Trader Joe's today after classes. I needed some soap and cheap bananas. She was very excited about the bananas (19 cents each!) and I got to hear about her classes. She's taking Russian, which I thought was a bad idea, but it's working very well for her. Since the teacher also has English as a second language, it's very easy for her to understand. She was also taking a Philosophy class, but walked out when the Professor gave a quiz on the first day. Now she's searching for something to take it's place.

I am so amazed how much God has blessed me in classes and housing situation. I don't think I could ask for anything better. Oh, and my parents are visiting tomorrow, so even more adventures! I guess I should clean up a little...
A, 3:39 PM

0 Comments:

Add a comment