"Squeeze the World"
Sunday, September 23, 2007
At the UW
So I'm settling into Seattle now. It's quite an adventure. Much like Israel, I have new foods and bus routes to conquer. Unlike Israel, I'm also needing to prepare myself for my academic pursuits. I spent a good part of today with my brother Nathan, a weathered Seattlelite. He picked me up from the Ave and we took busses across town to watch a movie (The King of Kong: A fistful of quarters, I highly recommend it) and playing with electronics at Robothon, a robot oriented activity at the Seattle Center. I also experienced Dick's for the first, and surely not the last, time.
After that great adventure, I went to a job "interview" with the school newspaper. I had already contacted someone about a copy-editor position, but I wasn't sure what to expect. After the Copy Chief finished telling me that she may not have as many hours as she first thought, she asked if I could come in later to work on a few columns. I was pleased to find that some of my prior knowledge came to use. One of the columns was a review of The King of Kong, and I saved the day for another editor when I recalled that "Kramer" is a surname for Cosmo, the Seinfeld character.
In all, it's a good day's work. My feet are sore, I'm pretty tired, and I successfully secretly cracked the window open so I won't roast tonight. All is well in the world.
Since I know this will be great interest to some, here are a few pictures of my new living area.
My bed
side view
desk area
I'm staying in a quad, so there are two separate rooms- one with two bunk beds and the other has four desks. Also, we scored our own bathroom, complete with a bathtub, even. Not too bad.
After that great adventure, I went to a job "interview" with the school newspaper. I had already contacted someone about a copy-editor position, but I wasn't sure what to expect. After the Copy Chief finished telling me that she may not have as many hours as she first thought, she asked if I could come in later to work on a few columns. I was pleased to find that some of my prior knowledge came to use. One of the columns was a review of The King of Kong, and I saved the day for another editor when I recalled that "Kramer" is a surname for Cosmo, the Seinfeld character.
In all, it's a good day's work. My feet are sore, I'm pretty tired, and I successfully secretly cracked the window open so I won't roast tonight. All is well in the world.
Since I know this will be great interest to some, here are a few pictures of my new living area.
My bed
side view
desk area
I'm staying in a quad, so there are two separate rooms- one with two bunk beds and the other has four desks. Also, we scored our own bathroom, complete with a bathtub, even. Not too bad.
A, 11:13 PM
2 Comments:
Cosmo is the surname for "Kramer", not the other way around :P
Fun,Glad to be in the loop again.
