"Squeeze the World"

Here I hope to record the next adventure of my life and keep everyone back home updated on my travels. I'm not sure how consistent my posting will be, so I've set up a subscription tool to notify people on each update via email. I'd love to hear from anyone while I'm gone!

Monday, June 25, 2007

surprise at Subway

Today I had a meet-up with a friend from my travels. EB, who hosted T and I (as in me, I know that the initials can be confusing) during our time in Cairo, showed up at my work quite by chance. We had a great talk and compared notes, catching up on various contacts. It was great to hear about the same places and people again. The content of our conversation seemed out of place- while I was slicing lunch meat he was telling me about a mutual friend hiking up Mt. Sinai last week, but that only made it better.

I love being home and with everyone again, but as an American Jewish proverb goes (roughly) "you leave Miami with sand in your shoes and come back from Jerusalem with a magnet in your heart." Actually, I'm pretty sure that isn't how it goes, but it's something like that with the same general meaning.
A, 12:19 AM

0 Comments:

Add a comment