"Squeeze the World"

Here I hope to record the next adventure of my life and keep everyone back home updated on my travels. I'm not sure how consistent my posting will be, so I've set up a subscription tool to notify people on each update via email. I'd love to hear from anyone while I'm gone!

Saturday, March 17, 2007

I'm home!

Wow... so it's been a long journey. Security at Ben-Gurion went well, and it was alright that one of my bags was slightly over the limit (huge relief). The first flight also went very well and I landed at Heathrow in good spirits. Heathrow, however, is no longer in my good regard. Because of various threats since July it has become terrible security-wise. I'm not sure how long I stood in line. But on the way to my next gate, I was stopped in my tracks by the sight of a Borders store. It had been so long since I had the priviledge of a full store of English language literature. It was wonderful to walk through and see the variety of their selection. It seems that I have caught a bug, though, because I ended up spending most of my time in the Travel section. The flight from there to Chicago went well- I sat next to an Indian American who had migrated at 24. His daughter's gone back to India several times for volunteer work, so he was pretty interested in my experience. The Chicago airport was a little confusing for me- partially because of Customs and also because I didn't already have my boarding pass. I really felt the jet lag while I was there, but I bought an espresso at Dunkin' Donuts and felt fine.

As I boarded my last plane I realized that since many people's final destination was Seattle I might see a familiar face. As I thought that, though, I remembered that several people live in the PNW and aren't nearly as excited to find connections as they are when they live in a foreign country. After I accepted this and found my seat, I overheard two people behind me realize that they were practically next door neighbors. I love the Northwest. The flight was delayed because they couldn't get the door closed, but I got in alright and enjoyed spending time with my parents. This morning we met up with Tyler and Nate in Seattle before heading home. And here I am now! It's very exciting, but I ought go to bed now. I'll probably still write in this, but certainly not with the same consistancy as before. Good night!
A, 10:32 PM

1 Comments:

So glad you got home. I'm sure your mom & dad were even happier

Love Aunt Da
Anonymous Anonymous, at 3/19/2007 5:43 AM  

Add a comment