"Squeeze the World"

Here I hope to record the next adventure of my life and keep everyone back home updated on my travels. I'm not sure how consistent my posting will be, so I've set up a subscription tool to notify people on each update via email. I'd love to hear from anyone while I'm gone!

Tuesday, February 13, 2007

bonding time

Since my "wards" seem to have too much time on their hands, I often play card games or watch movies with them. Last night was "Remember the Titans." I forgot how much I love that movie and was only mildly irritated when the eldest charge would rewind random scenes to see the cars better. Their family has often made livings off of refurbishing old cars, so the two eldest boys are completely obsessed. Then today a highly anticipated package from their parents came. There were different medications, car magazines, CDs, and an American football for a boy in the village. So the other charge (the girl) would tell me to "look fast," to which I responded that I was handling eggs so she had better not throw anything at me, but after that we played psuedo-catch in the kitchen. Quickly I realized that such behavior would not be appreciated by her mom, so we took it outside so we could get serious. It's been raining all day, but with a little bit of light from the porch it only added to the atmosphere. I'd throw it, she'd hit it with her shin. So I took it upon myself to teach the basics and the irony of the situation dawned on me. I have never played football. I have never considered myself even remotely decent at throwing or catching "the old pigskin" (Maybe that's why American football isn't in Israel.), but there I was instructing her in the skill. Meanwhile, her brother was inside reading car magazines while the girl and I had a special "father-son"-type bonding experience. In the mud and rain. In the dark.

Also, I went out on The Balcony again today to clean out a rat cage. There, on the beach, was a Man In A Speedo. Stretching. Did I mention it's been raining all day? I can't even describe the disgust which overcame me.
A, 12:19 PM

7 Comments:

So, of course you took a picture of the glorious speedo to share with us?
Anonymous Anonymous, at 2/13/2007 12:59 PM  
hahahahaha!
Blogger Amazing Tyler, at 2/13/2007 5:47 PM  
I'm with Matthew - WE WANT A PICTURE OF MAN IN SPEEDO! WE WANT A PICTURE OF MAN IN SPEEDO! I repeat - WE WANT A PITURE OF MAN IN SPEEDO! Ok everybody out there join me in the chant.
Anonymous Anonymous, at 2/14/2007 8:11 AM  
If you're really desperate you can always use google images to satisfy this odd desire. I personally do not wish to subject my camera, which has served me so well, to the horror of the man-speedo.
Blogger A, at 2/14/2007 12:40 PM  
Sorry Anna - I have to side with my dear Sister on this one - WE WANT A PICTURE! A google image will not do it justice. You can use Teranne's camera.
Anonymous Anonymous, at 2/14/2007 1:47 PM  
The Speedo pic you have waited for!
http://img145.imageshack.us/img145/6384/speedodaveju5.jpg
Anonymous Anonymous, at 2/15/2007 10:45 AM  
http://img145.imageshack.us/img145/6384/
speedodaveju5.jpg
Anonymous Anonymous, at 2/15/2007 10:46 AM  

Add a comment