"Squeeze the World"
Friday, January 26, 2007
Well, this should be an exciting update. First off, I have a picture from the Negev sojourn, this is from our viewpoint into the canyon, and rainbow even showed up! I have more pictures of the trip, but I'm trying to consolidate other pictures, and I'm having difficulties with internet access (again), so it might have to wait until after I get back from Egypt. Here's a teaser for you:

The second day after I got back, I went with the school on a teul (pronounced tea-ool), field trip, to Mount Hermon for sledding! It was strange to drive so far, then have to take a bus up the mountain to actually reach the snow. It was fun to watch the kids, especially since it was the first snow experience for some of them. I tried to explain to them the art of snow packing, but most were content throwing ice (ouch).

Also, I'm not sure if I mentioned before, but I'm housesitting/nanny-ing for a month, and it's turned out to be a bigger job than I thought. For example: when I left the house today, I never said "no firecrackers or water fights allowed," but I didn't expect other kids to come over while I was gone! This weighed very heavily upon me until someone reminded me "you're taking care of teenagers now" and I realized that I didn't intend to do so for at least another ten years. Fortunately, I have learned my lesson and have a new plan of attack ready for after I come back from Egypt. Hopefully it'll work.
I almost forgot! Because of my sojourn and the trip to Hermon, I've had a shorter week at the school. Fortunately, that has given me less time for big projects and more time to help out in class. So I've been busy dancing the Hokey Pokey and turning myself around, as well as singing Head, Shoulders, Knees and Toes with the third graders. It's been very satisfying, and when everything comes down to it, that's what it's all about.

The second day after I got back, I went with the school on a teul (pronounced tea-ool), field trip, to Mount Hermon for sledding! It was strange to drive so far, then have to take a bus up the mountain to actually reach the snow. It was fun to watch the kids, especially since it was the first snow experience for some of them. I tried to explain to them the art of snow packing, but most were content throwing ice (ouch).

Also, I'm not sure if I mentioned before, but I'm housesitting/nanny-ing for a month, and it's turned out to be a bigger job than I thought. For example: when I left the house today, I never said "no firecrackers or water fights allowed," but I didn't expect other kids to come over while I was gone! This weighed very heavily upon me until someone reminded me "you're taking care of teenagers now" and I realized that I didn't intend to do so for at least another ten years. Fortunately, I have learned my lesson and have a new plan of attack ready for after I come back from Egypt. Hopefully it'll work.
I almost forgot! Because of my sojourn and the trip to Hermon, I've had a shorter week at the school. Fortunately, that has given me less time for big projects and more time to help out in class. So I've been busy dancing the Hokey Pokey and turning myself around, as well as singing Head, Shoulders, Knees and Toes with the third graders. It's been very satisfying, and when everything comes down to it, that's what it's all about.
A, 11:12 AM
3 Comments:
Anna said.."no firecrackers or water fights allowed,"
Nanna use to say this to Kurt and I all the time..
Nanna use to say this to Kurt and I all the time..
, at 1/27/2007 6:40 AM
Whose teenagers are you planning to take care of in 10 years? Are you planning to adopt? That's what I want to know all about.
, at 1/27/2007 7:35 AM
Anna - teenagers don't want to do the Hokey Pokey so you will need to come up with something else in 10 years
, at 2/03/2007 8:44 AM
