"Squeeze the World"
Wednesday, January 10, 2007
"men's work"
Last week, a German volunteer who usually works at the kindergarten (or "gan") came to the school for a day. After a day of loading and unloading boxes, assembling shelves, and trying to make everything fit into a postage-stamp storage room, she made a perceptive comment "we are doing men's work!" Since then, I've been applying that phrase to most of my jobs there, and it especially suits this week. When I told the principal about it on the school bus, he actually seemed pleased. "Nobody can say we discriminate!"
However, it's all enjoyable, except for random occasions when I encounter an odd man or two or encounter soldiers while dumping suspicious loads into a public dumpster, but even that adds spice to the experience. However, my shoulders hope that tomorrow will bring some more domestic chores my way, other than cleaning :P
In other news, I have some more pictures! Here's a group of the students on the way back from the Tiberias Marathon:

And here are the coveted pictures from the school balcony:


I'm happy to report that the chilly weather has discouraged the speedo-wearers. I hope that that isn't a disappointment to anyone, because that would be gross.
However, it's all enjoyable, except for random occasions when I encounter an odd man or two or encounter soldiers while dumping suspicious loads into a public dumpster, but even that adds spice to the experience. However, my shoulders hope that tomorrow will bring some more domestic chores my way, other than cleaning :P
In other news, I have some more pictures! Here's a group of the students on the way back from the Tiberias Marathon:

And here are the coveted pictures from the school balcony:


I'm happy to report that the chilly weather has discouraged the speedo-wearers. I hope that that isn't a disappointment to anyone, because that would be gross.
A, 7:59 AM
4 Comments:
Oh, no speedos! sad day. (tear)
Thanks for the cool pictures - Oh how I miss you Anna!
, at 1/10/2007 8:14 PM
Did someone say SPEEDO???
, at 1/11/2007 1:59 PM
Alas - Dave will be so disappointed
He was going to print out the pictures and compare them with pictures of him wearing his speedo.
He was going to print out the pictures and compare them with pictures of him wearing his speedo.
, at 1/12/2007 7:50 AM

