"Squeeze the World"

Here I hope to record the next adventure of my life and keep everyone back home updated on my travels. I'm not sure how consistent my posting will be, so I've set up a subscription tool to notify people on each update via email. I'd love to hear from anyone while I'm gone!

Wednesday, January 17, 2007

lo siento

Yesterday I had the opportunity to wander around Tiberias with a toasted sandwich and muse about life, love and liberty and the pursuit of happiness. One of the issues on my mind was my sad neglect of this blog. I mused back to the different stories I would tell and my eagerness to share them with the world. Sadly, it seems that I have fallen into enough of a routine that I find things less fasinating. So. I intend to change that.



I have just typed out three different things and I didn't really like any of them, so I shall inform you when the inspiration comes. Until then, I'll give a general itinerary of the next few weeks. At the end of the week, I and some other girls are taking a trip to the Negev to tour through Arad, Eilat and Beersheva. I've been looking forward to this for a while and I'm glad we're able to schedule it in. Less than a week after I return, T and I are flying to Egypt to visit a friend of hers in Cairo. When I return, I will be housesitting for a month while still working at the school and whatever else may occur. I hope to also make another trip to Jerusalem, but I'm not sure how that will fit into the scheme of things.

Here's a bit of personal tid-bits. I've been working my way through Psalms for a while now, and just recently came to the Songs of Ascent. The modern day term for making citzenship in Israel is to "make Aliyah," meaning to ascend. This makes more sense if you've actually traveled into Jerusalem, as it involves a lot of climbing through the Judean hills. All of the psalms in the series are closely identified with Israel and Jerusalem, and it's actually very fasinating. That, and I'm glad to have finally made it through Ps 119.
A, 7:53 AM

0 Comments:

Add a comment