"Squeeze the World"

Here I hope to record the next adventure of my life and keep everyone back home updated on my travels. I'm not sure how consistent my posting will be, so I've set up a subscription tool to notify people on each update via email. I'd love to hear from anyone while I'm gone!

Thursday, December 07, 2006

Well, it's been a pretty busy week. The kids at school are getting ready for their Hannukkah pageant which is a week from tomorrow, and they still aren't tired of tag. At least I'm getting some exercise out of it, and I'm learning Hebrew phrases that I'm sure they don't teach in regular classes. Strangely, I've hardly even touched the storage room since that one update, but I guess that it's going to be lower priority until after the pageant. Moving everything out is going to be a huge task, and I'm not sure how it's all going to happen.

The boy from earlier updates came home a few days ago, but instantly broke out in rashes and had a fever, as well as symptoms of hemorraging. So, he was rushed back to the hospital and was able to come back today, in time for a huge party at his house! His oldest sister was having a Bat Mitzvah, except they called it something else, which I didn't catch. Basically, her parents read some scripture and prayed a blessing over her, she read a passage, and some friends also prayed for her. Then her parents gave her a purity ring, and everyone started singing "Hava Nagila" and she was carried around on a chair for a bit. Then we all ate. There was so much food, it seemed like at least half of AQVNT and the rest of their friends in Israel were there, and there was still a ton of food left over. It was a great time, though. I felt really bad for the little boy since people kept coming and trying to talk to him when he had just been discharged a few hours before. I'm sure he's sleeping well tonight.
A, 1:40 PM

0 Comments:

Add a comment