"Squeeze the World"

Here I hope to record the next adventure of my life and keep everyone back home updated on my travels. I'm not sure how consistent my posting will be, so I've set up a subscription tool to notify people on each update via email. I'd love to hear from anyone while I'm gone!

Sunday, December 03, 2006

It still doesn't look much like Christmas...

The weather here is very autumn-esque, and I feel like I walking to a soccer game or stomping through crunchy leaves on the sidewalk. Unfortunately, most of the trees around are either palm or olive, and the soccer games don't have enough organization to fulfil my desire. It was quite a shock yesterday to realize that it's December. So, in honor of December, I set up a Christmas corner:

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Christmas is not celebrated publically in AQVNT, and really the only places that you will find Christmas stores or other trappings are in Arab Christian populations. I bought myself a Santa hat in Nazareth just last week. Most of the believers in AQVNT decline from celebrating Christmas because of Babylonian roots and whatnot, but they still accept presents, so I shall be undeterred from wishing Season's Greetings! Even Babylonian traditions can be celebrated with some good clean fun.

On update on the boy: he seems to be doing much better, last I heard his eye was too swollen to open, so they are still unsure how is eyesight is doing, but the nausea has stopped and everyone who has visited him says he's doing better.

Oh, and I know I wasn't supposed to move the presents, but they looked so gloomy stuffed back in the closet and I didn't peek when I moved them.
A, 6:27 AM

0 Comments:

Add a comment