"Squeeze the World"
Saturday, December 16, 2006
חג חנוכה שמג
Yesterday was the first night of Hanukkah, and I commemorated it by watching the "Lake House" with some friends. Not exactly Hanukkah related, but it was fun. The night before, I and another volunteer went to a home group party and got a good Hanukkah experience there. Apparently, elephants are involved in the story. That is something I would not have known if I hadn't gone. I also made a dreidel, and am quite proud of it, though I haven't written the letters on it yet. I'm not sure if it spins, either, but it's pretty.
I finished cleaning the disaster storage room earlier that day, and we used it yesterday for the school's party. I am so glad to be finished with the room. My arms will take a few more days to recover from it, but each time I glance inside and see how empty and clean it looks, a little healing happens.
Fortunately, I have the next week off and will be able to rest- mostly. I'm helping with the Christmas program at Nazareth, so I'm sure that I will be plenty busy. We're hoping that nobody will sign up for one of the days so we can go to a concert in Jerusalem. Every two years, the Messianic congregations of Israel present their original worship songs in a huge concert. They usually only do one, but it sold out so quickly this year that they're holding two! I have the cd of their last concert, and it's very well done. Either way, I plan on getting my hand on a copy of the music, but I'd love to go.
I finished cleaning the disaster storage room earlier that day, and we used it yesterday for the school's party. I am so glad to be finished with the room. My arms will take a few more days to recover from it, but each time I glance inside and see how empty and clean it looks, a little healing happens.
Fortunately, I have the next week off and will be able to rest- mostly. I'm helping with the Christmas program at Nazareth, so I'm sure that I will be plenty busy. We're hoping that nobody will sign up for one of the days so we can go to a concert in Jerusalem. Every two years, the Messianic congregations of Israel present their original worship songs in a huge concert. They usually only do one, but it sold out so quickly this year that they're holding two! I have the cd of their last concert, and it's very well done. Either way, I plan on getting my hand on a copy of the music, but I'd love to go.
A, 6:46 AM
4 Comments:
hi nanners!!! just noticed that no one has commented recently, but i assure you everyone is still reading :). best of luck getting to the concert!
, at 12/17/2006 1:19 PM
We are holding our comments waiting for pictures from the balcony at the school with views of the lake!
, at 12/17/2006 10:42 PM
you can't blackmail anna for comments! good lord... :D
, at 12/18/2006 1:41 AM
I'm turning blue from holding my breath so long waiting for THE PICTURE!!!!!!!!!!!!
, at 12/23/2006 6:27 AM
