"Squeeze the World"

Here I hope to record the next adventure of my life and keep everyone back home updated on my travels. I'm not sure how consistent my posting will be, so I've set up a subscription tool to notify people on each update via email. I'd love to hear from anyone while I'm gone!

Friday, November 24, 2006

Happy Turkey Day!

It's been a great couple weeks and now I'm trying to get back into a schedule. After dropping my parents off at the airport (a sad occasion), we drove straight up to Nazareth to join the NV Americans in their Thanksgiving meal, during which I was in something of a haze. I woke up this morning surprised to be in my own bed just to rush back to Nazareth to help them with a large load of visitors, and all of them wanting meals. Later, I went to the house (actually, I'm still here, using their internet) of two American sisters for their Thanksgiving meal. There were three women from England, Finland and Germany, so we had a fun time talking about different countries and their holidays, and "we don't eat corn in Finland." Actually, they do, but only from cans.

Writing about the whole time with my parents will be quite a challenge, so I'm not sure exactly how to go about it. The whole time was so much fun, and Israel is so pretty in the "winter." We've decided that the weather is more of a spring, summer and fall climate since things are actually blooming and harvested in the winter months.

I had internet for about an hour today, and I tried calling the company, but I'm guessing that both my internet and the company are taking Shabbat off. I don't quite understand it, but so it goes. I hope everyone's Thanksgivings have been wonderful and safe.
A, 10:27 AM

4 Comments:

no reply to the card i sent for you with the folks... so you must hate my face. :P :D
Anonymous Anonymous, at 11/27/2006 1:01 AM  
Actually, she sent a reply back with us. I just haven't delivered it yet! She likes your face! :-)
Anonymous Anonymous, at 11/27/2006 7:08 AM  
It's true.
Blogger A, at 11/27/2006 9:14 AM  
...and i JUST realized that i shouldn't have been waiting for an e-mail all this time, but looking here for a reply. glad to hear my face is still in good graces. i miss you!!!
Anonymous Anonymous, at 12/01/2006 10:32 PM  

Add a comment