"Squeeze the World"

Here I hope to record the next adventure of my life and keep everyone back home updated on my travels. I'm not sure how consistent my posting will be, so I've set up a subscription tool to notify people on each update via email. I'd love to hear from anyone while I'm gone!

Monday, November 06, 2006

A blessing on your head

So I was sitting in the bus station today, waiting for a bus (obviously) and the lady next to me tried to begin a conversation, to which I replied "Englit?" because somehow when it comes to actual interaction, I can't remember vocabulary for the life of me. She asked in an assuming manner if I was a new immigrant, then didn't notice when I answered in the negative. This isn't much to comment on, but soon her friend arrived, who was the most darling little lady I have ever seen. She looked like Grandma Tzitel, only non-ghosty. I had an amusing time watching her talk until I realized that they were talking about me. The other lady apparently told her that I was a new immigrant, so she heaped blessings upon my head and I felt honored and awkward at the same time. Thankfully she returned back to her friend after a bit, and I was able to return the favor by alerting them when their bus came.

In other news, I have pictures from Turkey and a seperate album for Perge uploaded and organized for your enjoyment. Some of these pictures are not mine, but they are from the same trip. Ciao!
A, 12:02 PM

2 Comments:

Now I have been singing "A blessing on your head, mazel tov, mazel tov" ever since I read your blog update...hours ago...
Anonymous Anonymous, at 11/06/2006 5:04 PM  
Awesome pictures, what an amazing thing to roam through "real" ancient ruins...centuries and centuries older than the Mayflower! It looks like you were able to have a great time even through the rain. You go!
Blogger Pastor Andy, at 11/06/2006 7:44 PM  

Add a comment