"Squeeze the World"

Here I hope to record the next adventure of my life and keep everyone back home updated on my travels. I'm not sure how consistent my posting will be, so I've set up a subscription tool to notify people on each update via email. I'd love to hear from anyone while I'm gone!

Monday, October 02, 2006

Yom Kippur

Things are heating up in Gaza, this time between Palestinians. It's depressing, but as I'm looking through the news, it seems like I'm safer here than going to school in the States. Even in the Amish country. I just don't get it.

Anyways, I've moved into AQVNT and I've broken my Yom Kippur fast with french toast and a banana. I'm glad that I was here for it. I guess it's tradition for people to pull their lawn chairs into the middle of the street and sit there hanging out all night. Since nobody's supposed to be driving after sun down, I guess you might as well. Some families in the community have a different tradition of walking down the stretch of highway next to AQVNT. It was a fun time and I got to meet a bunch of people. I'm looking forward to just hanging out in the neighborhood and taking nice walks around the place. Here's a great quote from last night:

girl: "Daddy, he's English!"
mom: "yes dear, that's why he talks funny."

I just knew some people who would appreciate that :)
A, 11:35 AM

0 Comments:

Add a comment