"Squeeze the World"

Here I hope to record the next adventure of my life and keep everyone back home updated on my travels. I'm not sure how consistent my posting will be, so I've set up a subscription tool to notify people on each update via email. I'd love to hear from anyone while I'm gone!

Saturday, October 28, 2006

shabbat shalom

Somehow, I've been having strange issues updating. Hopefully things will be different today. This last week I helped supervise a school field trip to the Golan. It was a pretty tame one, and not into the "real" Golan. There's a site of refurbished ruins, and it's been fixed up rather well, and not unlike Nazareth Village. The kids got to pick and crush their own olives into olive oil. The picking process was rather hazardous, they had a method of smacking branches with rakes which was not ideal for rowdy fifth and sixth grade boys. We also went to a museum that had a presentation on Gamla, where the last Jewish revolt against Rome began. It's called the "Masada of the north" and has a tragic past to it.

I've been busy entertaining a visitor the last couple days, she's an Australian girl who has been volunteering in the IDF for a few weeks. She's been doing things from packing provisions to picking up ammo along the buffer zone. She usually lives in Ber Sheva, down in the Negev, and I'm considering visiting her down there sometime. I haven't gone anywhere south of the Dead Sea yet and it would be a cool area to explore, especially now that I know someone there.

But, anyway, I'm going to Turkey tomorrow so I might not be able to update for a while. I'll come back bearing pictures!
A, 7:27 AM

1 Comments:

I'm so jealous. I have Turkey on my places to go list. Looking forward to "Anna's insights of Turkey" as well as seeing where the Gnome is.
Anonymous Anonymous, at 10/29/2006 9:37 AM  

Add a comment