"Squeeze the World"

Here I hope to record the next adventure of my life and keep everyone back home updated on my travels. I'm not sure how consistent my posting will be, so I've set up a subscription tool to notify people on each update via email. I'd love to hear from anyone while I'm gone!

Monday, September 18, 2006

Yarr

Avast me mateys, me wrotes a regular post just before today but canna post me writings til now, so don't cha even consider the non-piratey script. Arrr.

I really need to get back into the consistency of updating. With regards
to my last post, the visit to the doctor's was fairly uneventful. A girl
about my age who works in the NV giftshop went to the hospital with me
so I wouldn't be completely confused the entire time. It was definitely
a good thing as I would have never guessed to turn down the Maternity
ward in order to get to the right doctor. Anyway, I have no weird
infections or parasites so far, and now I can hear out of my right ear!
It's a nice feeling.

A few days before I move out of the apartment, another girl will be
moving in, so I need to start making things suitable again. There are
two different shower rooms, both with sinks, and I have made use of
both. Since the washing machine has no drain, I usually leave the hose
in the sink of the nearest one. I wasn't doing this for a while after
Erin left, but then I forgot to put it in there once and I don't want
that to happen ever again. I didn't realize how much water those things
use. Of course, the shower in that room has the best pressure, so I
still use it on a regular basis. It's hard to explain exactly.

Anyway, I will be moving to AQVNT near the end of the month, and will be
there in time for Yom Kippur, the most solemn day of the Jewish year. At
first when I heard that it was a holy day, I got excited and expected
food and merriment, but that will have to wait for another day since Yom
Kippur is a 25 hour fast. Though it's not exactly merry, I'm looking
forward to observing a Jewish holiday. And not far after that is Sukkot,
where people sleep in tents and shake plants! I plan on taking pictures.
Oh yes, I almost forgot the whole reason for this post. I made a little
arrangement of pictures
taken from AQVNT so you can get a general idea
of how jealous you can be.

Speaking of jealousy, my parents are currently in Hawaii and my
grandparents are in Germany. And my brothers are both in Washington! My
family is crazy!
A, 11:20 PM

3 Comments:

Yay pirates!
Blogger Amazing Tyler, at 9/19/2006 11:14 AM  
"We are the pirates who don't do anything..."
Blogger emilymilnes, at 9/19/2006 2:09 PM  
yarrrrr... i like yer updates like my rum: sweet & dark with a bit of mischief. nice digs you've found yerself in, shipwreck. now remember, matey, "horseplay leads to sickbay". so leave them donkeys alone, or the mites will infest yer beard. Cheers!
Anonymous Anonymous, at 9/19/2006 5:45 PM  

Add a comment