"Squeeze the World"
Thursday, September 21, 2006
Why do Chinese tourists wear white hats?
Yesterday at the Village was rather exciting. We had four large-ish groups, so I spent most of my day out on "the land," where the actual buildings, plants and animals are. The groups came from UK, Australia, Guatemala and China. I think there may have been some people from Kenya as well, but they were a part of one of the formerly mentioned groups. Not surprisingly, I had my picture taken several times over, especially by the well where the entire Guatemalan group wanted individual shots. The Chinese group even brought their own videographer and a Chinese Franciscan Monk! I thought that was an especially nice touch.
A new volunteer from the States is here so I plan on using much of my last week at the Village aquainting him with the place and people. My legacy shall be preserved! I guess. He's planning on staying in Nazareth until July, so he'll definitely need to pick up some Arabic and whatnot. Should be interesting.
Ah yes, and I'm currently in AQVNT, and I just met the couple from whom I shall be renting. So far I like them immensely. They are Australian with a little dog named Pufki, which is yiddish for "manager," and so what isn't to like? Also, the dog reminds me of Bob Barker, but more friendly and less paranoid- only the Nicholsons understand what I'm talking about, so don't worry. The place is very nice and if you lean down and look out of the window of my future bedroom at the right angle you can see part of Mount Tabor! Their balcony actually has an excellent view and a lovely breeze, so I will definitely be taking advantage of that in the future.
A new volunteer from the States is here so I plan on using much of my last week at the Village aquainting him with the place and people. My legacy shall be preserved! I guess. He's planning on staying in Nazareth until July, so he'll definitely need to pick up some Arabic and whatnot. Should be interesting.
Ah yes, and I'm currently in AQVNT, and I just met the couple from whom I shall be renting. So far I like them immensely. They are Australian with a little dog named Pufki, which is yiddish for "manager," and so what isn't to like? Also, the dog reminds me of Bob Barker, but more friendly and less paranoid- only the Nicholsons understand what I'm talking about, so don't worry. The place is very nice and if you lean down and look out of the window of my future bedroom at the right angle you can see part of Mount Tabor! Their balcony actually has an excellent view and a lovely breeze, so I will definitely be taking advantage of that in the future.
A, 6:15 AM
2 Comments:
So - why do the Chinese tourists wear white hats? I won't be able to focus on my day until I have the answer. I guess I will need to spend the day on the computer researshing. While your parents are visiting the land of surf & sand I was going to write you daily however I have lost your e-mail address.
Love ya
Love ya
, at 9/22/2006 6:09 AM
I was hoping that Nancy or Erin might know, seeing as they are now authorities on these subjects and all. I will see if I have your email address around here somewhere...

