"Squeeze the World"

Here I hope to record the next adventure of my life and keep everyone back home updated on my travels. I'm not sure how consistent my posting will be, so I've set up a subscription tool to notify people on each update via email. I'd love to hear from anyone while I'm gone!

Tuesday, September 26, 2006

In Soviet Russia, the water uses you!

I am currently in good spirits because I again have internet in my apartment! Hooray! Hopefully it will last until Sunday so I can make good use of it.

Today was a little exhausting even though we only had two tours. The first group we had had reserved a meal and bread baking, so that was at least an extra hours worth of work and cleaning, then another group came about an hour after we finished taking care of the dishes and whatnot. This usually wouldn't be such a problem, but today was much different. When I heard that they were from Russia, I was a little excited that I could remember two words in Russian: "nyet" and "pachimu". I would like to extend a special thank you to Lori for my knowledge of the latter word. Anyway, the tour that usually lasts an hour, maybe hour and a half, took THREE HOURS to get through. (the thrrree hour toouurrrr) There was the usual problem of the translator, but the people took more pictures than even the Chinese group! That is insane! (take a picture with the hat, no not with your camera, my camera! Oh, and next to the pomegranate tree! Not from that angle! I better look through my pictures to make sure that I didn't miss one) Also, they asked lots and lots of questions. Not insightful or thoughtful questions, but something like "what did they use water for?" even though the guide had just started his whole spiel which would explain it all in great detail! Yay for tourists! At least they patronized the giftshop well, otherwise the tour may have actually cost the Village money in overtime.

Anyway, I am still in good spirits because of having internet and drinking grape juice, and now I am going to eat... a banana! I am very excited. Life is good.
A, 6:50 AM

2 Comments:

But do the Russian's wear white hats?
Anonymous Anonymous, at 9/27/2006 7:16 AM  
Not after Labor Day Aunt Da....
Anonymous Anonymous, at 9/27/2006 8:08 PM  

Add a comment