"Squeeze the World"

Here I hope to record the next adventure of my life and keep everyone back home updated on my travels. I'm not sure how consistent my posting will be, so I've set up a subscription tool to notify people on each update via email. I'd love to hear from anyone while I'm gone!

Tuesday, September 12, 2006

I'm back!

Between my last post and now, I have traveled across borders and felt very ill at the end of it. I traveled to Amman and back in three days, and it was quite an experience! Though we didn't do any sight-seeing, the cultural differences of the two places were obvious. The hotel we stayed at was a western chain, but their service was still Arab. They also made some of the best pita I have ever ate, it was very light somehow. Anyway, we went to the mall there and it was amazing! They had so many American stores, and the first Starbucks I've seen since leaving Heathrow. It seemed like the biggest market there is shoes, which makes sense since it's the only fashion item some women can flaunt! There were a lot of Asians, and we decided that they were mostly there for domestic jobs, I guess they aren't uncommon around this part of the world. Driving through the countryside was also interesting, but getting pictures was pretty tough. The bus driver didn't change his driving habits after we got out of Nazareth, even when he was giving rides to policemen. Some of his feats were actually very impressive, but I kept a tight grip on the seat the whole time. Apparently busses don't have to use their brakes.

I'm trying to figure out a slideshow for my pictures that turned out, maybe I'll be able to get some more soon: slideshow.
A, 6:23 AM

1 Comments:

Anna is on Facebook!!!
Sorry, I just had to say that!
I am also on blogspot now....Just to let you know...even though I haven't really written anything yet.
Blogger Angela, at 9/12/2006 8:59 PM  

Add a comment