"Squeeze the World"
Saturday, September 30, 2006
At this moment, I am torn between various responsibilities I need to fulfill before tomorrow afternoon. So naturally I chose to update, which is a responsibility of a kind, nachon? Anyway, the last two days have been rather wearing, and I'm surprised that I am still awake.
We've had two groups with meals in the last two days, and today's was a meal for 85. So much work. Of course, random things also happen throughout the day to make things even more exciting. I guess there were problems with the giftshop computer, a huge group of students came in while we were preparing the meal... and many other things. However, things have been great. Teranne spent the last couple days with me to help out, and it's been a fun time showing her around and hanging out with the local children volunteers. Lately there haven't been many children because of school, but for some reason they come during Ramadan, like community service of some sort. Some of them don't seem very serious about their Ramadan observances, but it's sad when there are those who do. I keep offering them water then realizing how cruel that is, though not nearly as cruel as the ice cream truck. That man has no heart.
Anyway, I know that there was more I planned on writing, but I need to finish packing and get to sleep. Here are some more pictures of Nazareth, all taken in the last day: Nazareth.
We've had two groups with meals in the last two days, and today's was a meal for 85. So much work. Of course, random things also happen throughout the day to make things even more exciting. I guess there were problems with the giftshop computer, a huge group of students came in while we were preparing the meal... and many other things. However, things have been great. Teranne spent the last couple days with me to help out, and it's been a fun time showing her around and hanging out with the local children volunteers. Lately there haven't been many children because of school, but for some reason they come during Ramadan, like community service of some sort. Some of them don't seem very serious about their Ramadan observances, but it's sad when there are those who do. I keep offering them water then realizing how cruel that is, though not nearly as cruel as the ice cream truck. That man has no heart.
Anyway, I know that there was more I planned on writing, but I need to finish packing and get to sleep. Here are some more pictures of Nazareth, all taken in the last day: Nazareth.
A, 1:19 PM
3 Comments:
you cook now? wanna come live in our extra bedroom and be our chef?? huh, huh?
, at 10/01/2006 10:04 PM
wages = tuition
hahaha.. how about wages=a room? :)
, at 10/04/2006 12:03 PM

