"Squeeze the World"
Tuesday, August 22, 2006
Well, I've been spending the last couple days near Tiberias with the Moores and Terrane (a girl from Lake Wenatchee who's spending a year or so here). It's been a lot of fun. Yesterday, we went down into Tiberias since the shops are open now- since the town was hit so often during the war, it's been a ghost town for the last month. That was great- it was a lot like Chelan^3. Then today Terrane and I volunteered at an organization that distributes audio Bibles in several different languages throughout the world. This branch seemed to be purely hardware, so we stuck keypads on the mp3 players all day. Not the most exciting work, but it was fun to hang out with the people there. I had met most of them a couple nights earlier at a movie night and they are all so nice. It's been cool to hang out with other girls who are around my age, definitely something I've missed. Also, when i was in Tiberias I bought a Newsweek IN ENGLISH. I was pretty excited. Plus I got a package from home and it made me very happy.
One huge difference between Nazareth and here is that Nazareth has about the same humidity as home (not very much) but here I am constantly sweating in it all. It's a little obnoxious. I'm going to go stand in front of the fan now.
One huge difference between Nazareth and here is that Nazareth has about the same humidity as home (not very much) but here I am constantly sweating in it all. It's a little obnoxious. I'm going to go stand in front of the fan now.
A, 12:36 PM