"Squeeze the World"

Here I hope to record the next adventure of my life and keep everyone back home updated on my travels. I'm not sure how consistent my posting will be, so I've set up a subscription tool to notify people on each update via email. I'd love to hear from anyone while I'm gone!

Friday, August 04, 2006

Tishreen's!

Today I spent my whole time at the Village making very small and intricate stitches. Hard work, but it certainly makes me appreciate the costumes more. It took me nearly six hours just to sew a stripe onto a child's costume! The director of Nazareth Village is here, and her daughter is visiting with her. We sewed together and tried to learn different Arabic words from Evone, the village seamstress. Afterwards, we had a wonderful meal at Tishreen, a local restaurant, probably the best place to eat in Northern Israel. Also, I'm actually starting to get the hang of Arab coffee, but only when creamer is readily accessible. I think the main reason I might like it is because their cups are adorable- ornate mugs or glasses only big enough to hold a shot! I think it also depends greatly on the grind and who's making it, without the extra ingredients I'm used to, it makes a huge difference.
A, 6:08 AM

1 Comments:

Well, Anna, sounds like you'll always have a job as a seamstress if the English Castle gig falls through! Hand Sewing is much to be valued in these days of modern sewing machines. :0)

Keep smiling as always!
Blogger Crescent, at 8/04/2006 10:52 AM  

Add a comment