"Squeeze the World"
Saturday, August 26, 2006
In which I attempt to consume an entire pomegranate and realize my overestimation of my own hunger.
So, the Village has enjoyed an increase in visitors as the traces of katyusha scatterings are forgotten. I have also been assisting for the gift shop and mending clothes during the off-time. This has involved tying ribbons, smelling zatar, eating ice cream and crossing my eyes for great lengths of time. We had two tours today, one was an Israeli couple and my first tour not understanding what the people were talking about. Actually, there had been another before but at the time I had been wrestling a sheep and wasn't required to interact with the group. Anyway, that threw me off since I'm used to the group either speaking English or having a translator who translated from English. Usually I speak in broken English so that people can make their own assumptions, but that didn't work so well today. The other group was made up of American tour guides, or something of the sort, so they might be returning with massive crowds in the future. Hooray!
Also, today I actually remembered about the youth group at the Nazareth Nazarene (tee hee) Church on Saturdays (I would remember better if it wasn't on a Saturday) and made up my mind to go. However, it was cancelled *just my luck* so I decided instead to walk through town and buy some baklava. I have not regretted the decision since.
Also, today I actually remembered about the youth group at the Nazareth Nazarene (tee hee) Church on Saturdays (I would remember better if it wasn't on a Saturday) and made up my mind to go. However, it was cancelled *just my luck* so I decided instead to walk through town and buy some baklava. I have not regretted the decision since.
A, 1:56 PM
2 Comments:
You Crack Me Up!
, at 8/26/2006 10:18 PM
What's baklava again

