"Squeeze the World"
Thursday, August 31, 2006
I don't like decisions
I apologize to my faithful readers for my posting deliquencies. I assure you that it was not at all intentional. I returned to Nazareth yesterday after another trip visiting A Quaint Village Near Tiberias (named so after my mother's suggestion) which hereafter shall be refered to as "AQVNT." I decline to use the actual name to the town due to several legal yet sensitive reasons. I might sound really cool, but it's really not that huge, just being wary of the Google Spider.
Anyway, while I was in AQVNT I had the opportunity to prepare a house for a returning family. It had been used as a vacation home, so it suffered from tasteless decor disorder, but it was a really cool house. I also got to meet several other people in the community, mostly immigrants. It's interesting to see people from different backgrounds and cultures all coming together. Israel = the new melting pot? Anyway, I will likely be moving up there at the end of the month, though I will continue to visit my friends at Nazareth Village as much as I can.
Pros for AQVNT:
If war breaks out, people tend to take it more seriously (as in: use bomb shelters).
I can safely walk around the streets alone at night, a pastime I tend to enjoy.
Less of a language barrier and people are more open to conversation.
Opportunity to volunteer at a Messianic school in Tiberias.
More opportunities in general.
Will probably still visit Nazareth at least once a week.
Learn Hebrew (a much less frusterating language than Arabic).
Not hearing fireworks at midnight.
Pros of Nazareth:
My friends at Nazareth Village.
Enjoying a whole apartment of my own (which would change at the end of the month, anyway).
Having shops nearby.
Living directly within a completely foreign culture.
Baklava shops.
My friends at Nazareth Village (they have to count more than once).
I'm sure that there's more, but I'm currently at a loss. Oh, and today I was much more hungry and ate a full pomegranate. I heard that some were disappointed that I didn't go into further detail before, so that was for you! It was delicious.
Anyway, while I was in AQVNT I had the opportunity to prepare a house for a returning family. It had been used as a vacation home, so it suffered from tasteless decor disorder, but it was a really cool house. I also got to meet several other people in the community, mostly immigrants. It's interesting to see people from different backgrounds and cultures all coming together. Israel = the new melting pot? Anyway, I will likely be moving up there at the end of the month, though I will continue to visit my friends at Nazareth Village as much as I can.
Pros for AQVNT:
If war breaks out, people tend to take it more seriously (as in: use bomb shelters).
I can safely walk around the streets alone at night, a pastime I tend to enjoy.
Less of a language barrier and people are more open to conversation.
Opportunity to volunteer at a Messianic school in Tiberias.
More opportunities in general.
Will probably still visit Nazareth at least once a week.
Learn Hebrew (a much less frusterating language than Arabic).
Not hearing fireworks at midnight.
Pros of Nazareth:
My friends at Nazareth Village.
Enjoying a whole apartment of my own (which would change at the end of the month, anyway).
Having shops nearby.
Living directly within a completely foreign culture.
Baklava shops.
My friends at Nazareth Village (they have to count more than once).
I'm sure that there's more, but I'm currently at a loss. Oh, and today I was much more hungry and ate a full pomegranate. I heard that some were disappointed that I didn't go into further detail before, so that was for you! It was delicious.
A, 1:09 PM
4 Comments:
The lack of vowels in necessary places makes AQVNT sound/look Hebrew!
, at 9/01/2006 7:55 AM
I hear there are Baklava shops just about everywhere in the Middle East and that every country takes credit for inventing the little delicacy :) So add that to you AQVNT pro list....to be fair.
, at 9/01/2006 11:37 AM
I meant your........not you. A great writer such as yourself might have noticed that typo.
, at 9/01/2006 11:40 AM
There are only baklava shops where there are Arabs, and there aren't many in AQVNT, therefore no baklava shop :(

