"Squeeze the World"
Tuesday, August 08, 2006
going home
Tomorrow I return to Nazareth and I have a full day before me. The Wedding Party of a co-worker from Nazareth Village will go late into the night with dancing, food and fireworks. All very loud (yes, the food, too). It will probably be very exhausting, but hey! it's a cultural experience. Later this week will be the actual wedding in the Basilica of the Annunciation, the largest Christian church in the Middle East. This says a lot, because there are a lot of churches in Israel. Anyway, it will be exciting, and I finally get to see first hand everything I've been hearing every night!
Today, I went mango picking in view of the Galilee. It was very picturesque and sort of poetic, except that there weren't very many mangos to be had. The orchard had apparently already been picked through by efficient workers. Nonetheless, we filled a few bags and had one or two with dinner, and it was all very lovely.
Today, I went mango picking in view of the Galilee. It was very picturesque and sort of poetic, except that there weren't very many mangos to be had. The orchard had apparently already been picked through by efficient workers. Nonetheless, we filled a few bags and had one or two with dinner, and it was all very lovely.
A, 2:45 PM
1 Comments:
I saw the title "going home" and caught my breath. But then I realized you have a new home for these next months. We miss you but are glad you are doing so well.
