"Squeeze the World"
Saturday, July 15, 2006
messianic congregation and mount carmel
Today we went to visit a Messianic Congregation, and loved it! The music, atmosphere and message were all great! There were translators for English, Hebrew, Arabic and Russian and the service began with directions to their bomb shelter. After the service, we went to Mount Carmel where Elijah called down fire from heaven. It looked much different than I had expected. It was covered in olive trees and extremely rocky. It was while we studied the Scripture there that we found out that Tiberias had been struck. Things are tense, but a chapter that the Pastor shared this morning summed it up well:
Psalm 121
I lift up my eyes to the hills --
where does my help come from?
My help comes from the LORD,
the Maker of heaven and earth.
He will not let your foot slip --
He who watches over you will not slumber;
indeed, He who watches over Israel
will neither slumber nor sleep.
The LORD watches over you --
the LORD is your shade at your right hand;
the sun will not harm you by day,
nor the moon by night.
The LORD will keep you from all harm --
He will watch over your life;
the LORD will watch over your coming and going
both now and forever more.
This has so much more meaning to it now than it did before. First off, I've never been in a situation quite so extreme as this before, but also I've seen evidence of this throughout my touring and experience with the culture. I am so glad to be here.
Psalm 121
I lift up my eyes to the hills --
where does my help come from?
My help comes from the LORD,
the Maker of heaven and earth.
He will not let your foot slip --
He who watches over you will not slumber;
indeed, He who watches over Israel
will neither slumber nor sleep.
The LORD watches over you --
the LORD is your shade at your right hand;
the sun will not harm you by day,
nor the moon by night.
The LORD will keep you from all harm --
He will watch over your life;
the LORD will watch over your coming and going
both now and forever more.
This has so much more meaning to it now than it did before. First off, I've never been in a situation quite so extreme as this before, but also I've seen evidence of this throughout my touring and experience with the culture. I am so glad to be here.
A, 2:57 PM
2 Comments:
Thank You Anna. You are very impressive. Grandma
Hi Anna. Norm and I enjoyed reading everything you have sent this afternoon. I had lost your blog info and had to wait until Sunday to retrieve your prayer card. We are thrilled with your courage and will be praying for your safety BUT, as you are witnessing, God's Precious Word has never spoken to you with such power before, now that you are "in harms way." We love you. Please greet Michael and Lisa from us. love - Carmen
, at 7/16/2006 8:13 PM

