"Squeeze the World"
Monday, July 17, 2006
jets overhead
The last few days have proven to be quite interesting around here. That is not to say that we've had any uninteresting days, but this is in a different way altogether. Today I came to the realization that I am at an advantage since I never had a specific vision when I set out to the Holy Land. If I had had one, it would have been horribly inaccurate, or if it was accurate, I may have stayed behind. As it is, I'm having a completely life-changing experience as I find myself living along a war zone. Last night, my room-mate and I were talking and heard two bangs which did not sound like fireworks. After frantically reloading the Haaretz webisite several times, we found out that a Katyusha landed in Nazareth Illit (Illit means Upper), a largely Jewish city not far from here. Actually, Nazareth and Nazareth Illit (which shall henceforth be refered to as NI) have great resemblance to Wenatchee and East Wenatchee. For example, both have large populations but NI has a mall, while Nazareth does not.
The atmosphere of the area is also changing. The tours at Nazareth Village are being cancelled regularly, and the workers there are starting to listen to the radio more, though they do not laugh less.
I don't want anyone to worry about me, unless it motivates you to pray, because I still need those. My thanks to everyone and your emails, your support touches me so much. I only wish I could express how much.
The atmosphere of the area is also changing. The tours at Nazareth Village are being cancelled regularly, and the workers there are starting to listen to the radio more, though they do not laugh less.
I don't want anyone to worry about me, unless it motivates you to pray, because I still need those. My thanks to everyone and your emails, your support touches me so much. I only wish I could express how much.
A, 2:32 PM
2 Comments:
Well, I feel like I must keep tuned in ,as something exciting is happening all the time. What is a Katyuska?
What is the website you look at?
I'm so glad you are happy to be there.
Love, Grandma
What is the website you look at?
I'm so glad you are happy to be there.
Love, Grandma
Katyushas are the rockets being used by Hezbollah, the terrorist organization from Lebanon. They aren't very advanced compared to the modern weapons used by US and Israeli military, but they still do plenty damage. The Haaretz site is an Israeli news site which gives the most recent updates on everything that has been happening. Sorry for not explaining these, I've forgotten that these aren't regular terms for most people :P
