"Squeeze the World"

Here I hope to record the next adventure of my life and keep everyone back home updated on my travels. I'm not sure how consistent my posting will be, so I've set up a subscription tool to notify people on each update via email. I'd love to hear from anyone while I'm gone!

Monday, July 24, 2006

i got blisters on me fingers

Oy vey. I just got back from working another day in the village. We scrubbed the synagogue today- it was a lot of work, but it still looks dirty. I guess that if it looked clean it wouldn't be very authentic. Most of the tour groups for this week cancelled because of the bombs and fighting, but one did come, so Erin and I got dressed into our costumes and sat at the well. Another girl from the village also came and showed us the fig tree. It was the first time I had had a fresh fig, and I enjoyed it much better than the dried ones I've had before. We also helped the seamstress with her doll clothes that sell in the Gift Shop (they are adorable), so it's been a full day!

We got back into Nazareth yesterday, and had lunch with the Pastor of the Nazarene church and his family. I played some futbol with his younger kids under the hot sun- though it isn't quite as hot as it is back in Washington!
A, 6:52 AM

2 Comments:

Hey Anna, I just wanted you to know how much I enjoy reading your blog, although with the unrest over there I do get a little nervous. And yes, it does prompt me to pray. Keep writing and stay safe ok? Love, Carol Covert
Anonymous Anonymous, at 7/25/2006 6:53 AM  
Hedie R was at Curve yesterday and she wanted to tell you that she is praying for you. She asked me about the temperatures over there so I told her I would ask. So you are not experiencing 107 degree days? It has been quite warm. I've learned that a lady (in German) never says it's hot!
Love, Grandma. I'm so tickled you are sewing!
Blogger Florence Robinson, at 7/25/2006 8:24 AM  

Add a comment