"Squeeze the World"
Tuesday, July 25, 2006
ashara!
So, this is quite possibly the closest I've been to a US Secretary of State before. Not sure how much good it'll do, but it's something worth noting.
We did more cleaning today and it looks like we'll be doing more tomorrow, too. I'm getting a little better with the doll clothes, but I need to redo a few bits. Also, I've been invited to an Arab wedding next month, which will be really cool. They seem like pretty big affairs.
After leaving the village, we ventured downtown. Unlike the cities of Haifa and Tiberias, who are recieving multiple strikes a day, Nazareth is still as active as ever, minus tourist busses. The road etiquette here is exceptionally atrocious. It's more likely for someone to get killed in a traffic accident than by a terrorist attack, but I guess that's common for most countries. The worst culprits are the bikers, who will pass huge busses on narrow single-lane roads. Most cars pull out without checking behind them because they figure that the people coming from behind will stop for them. Even better is the parking: it is an artform to park in a spot which appears smaller than your vehicle. We had to walk into the street several times in order to get back onto the sidewalk. Anyway, it was pretty exciting, and we broke a few pedestrian etiquette rules in retaliation, though we were much more cautious than they.
We did more cleaning today and it looks like we'll be doing more tomorrow, too. I'm getting a little better with the doll clothes, but I need to redo a few bits. Also, I've been invited to an Arab wedding next month, which will be really cool. They seem like pretty big affairs.
After leaving the village, we ventured downtown. Unlike the cities of Haifa and Tiberias, who are recieving multiple strikes a day, Nazareth is still as active as ever, minus tourist busses. The road etiquette here is exceptionally atrocious. It's more likely for someone to get killed in a traffic accident than by a terrorist attack, but I guess that's common for most countries. The worst culprits are the bikers, who will pass huge busses on narrow single-lane roads. Most cars pull out without checking behind them because they figure that the people coming from behind will stop for them. Even better is the parking: it is an artform to park in a spot which appears smaller than your vehicle. We had to walk into the street several times in order to get back onto the sidewalk. Anyway, it was pretty exciting, and we broke a few pedestrian etiquette rules in retaliation, though we were much more cautious than they.
A, 1:29 PM
1 Comments:
"It's more likely for someone to get killed in a traffic accident than by a terrorist attack, but I guess that's common for most countries" - yes but most countries do not have terrorist attacks! I am glad you have been venturing out - but be sure to dress warm! :)
Love,
Mom
Love,
Mom
, at 7/26/2006 1:33 PM
