"Squeeze the World"
Friday, June 30, 2006
Thank you!
I would like to thank everyone for the help and support I've had in the past week. Everywhere I go, people greet and encourage me. I am so blessed to have grown up in this community and to know so many good people. Even though I have not asked for money from anyone, I'm receiving gifts in the mail and bills palmed within handshakes.
The s'more "get together" (the word "party" is too formal for my liking) was lovely, though not many s'mores were consumed. The weather was perfect and good times were had. I *finally* started real packing today, but the pre-packing preparations have made the job easier.
Also, we heard from the Moores yesterday and I found out that I will be rooming with a girl who has stayed in the area before. She's also involved with the Village (in charge of volunteers, even!) and it is such a relief, especially as I'm starting to realize the luxery I've had living with my parents and all that makes a comfortable home.
Just an FYI, I am not worried about the problems in the Gaza Strip, and I have no intention of being within range of the current conflict.
The s'more "get together" (the word "party" is too formal for my liking) was lovely, though not many s'mores were consumed. The weather was perfect and good times were had. I *finally* started real packing today, but the pre-packing preparations have made the job easier.
Also, we heard from the Moores yesterday and I found out that I will be rooming with a girl who has stayed in the area before. She's also involved with the Village (in charge of volunteers, even!) and it is such a relief, especially as I'm starting to realize the luxery I've had living with my parents and all that makes a comfortable home.
Just an FYI, I am not worried about the problems in the Gaza Strip, and I have no intention of being within range of the current conflict.
A, 11:52 PM
3 Comments:
So nice to have this way to communicate. I love the picture of your parents at their party at my house. You are the future and I am so proud of you. I finally remembered to bookmark this site!
Your grandmother sent us the link to your blog. We wish you the very best on your adventure! As I probably told you when you visited us in February, one of my closest cousins spent a summer working in a kibbutz, just before he started his college life. His greatest thrill was spending a night in a sleeping bag on Massada (which apparently isn't allowed anymore). He came back home to the U.S. with a much deeper understanding of the complexities of human relations, the value of American freedoms, and, of course, the challenge of hard physical work! Have a safe and fulfilling journey...
, at 7/03/2006 9:19 AM
I just love keeping track of you through this site. I am so excited to hear all that you are doing. Tried to make it to the "get together" but as you can tell I failed. Our prayers are with you daily. Love you, Howard, Bonnie and Jennie Johnson
, at 7/07/2006 5:30 PM

